Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Sunday, November 9, 2014

30 days of thankfulness, Day 9: Thankful for friends



 I am thankful for friends today, on my 9th day of the 30 days of being thankful. I have different levels of friends. I have Facebook friends, some of who I know little of. I have friends I see occasionally and know pretty well, I know friends I know very well, and then there is the best kind of friends: the ones who know the worst about me. They know the skeletons that are in my closet, and they still call me friend and want me around. Or they are really good actors.



  I have mentioned it before, but I truly grew up thinking no one liked me. It took years for me to realize that people do. I am sure some people don't like me. I tend to be too outspoken sometimes, knock Obama too much, or they just don't like my haircut or jokes. That is their prerogative. I choose to focus on those who do like me and are my friends.

 I am thankful for my best friend, Steven Matlock. I wish he were closer and not 400 plus miles away, but it is nice having a best friend. I didn't have one for most of my life.

I am thankful for relatives who are friends. Yes, your relatives can be your friends too.

I am thankful for my Facebook friends. I don't have much contact with some, but many post encouraging and funny posts. And I have made friends through Facebook that I have met.

And I am thankful for the friends I have made who have the same struggles as I do, many who are further up the road than I am and have become a great encouragement and help to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment