Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Friday, November 28, 2014

30 days of thankfulness, Day 28: Thankful for my nativity scene




 On day 28, I am thankful for something that may seem odd to take the time and thought to be thankful for: my nativity scene. I don't worship my Nativity scene, but it is the one Christmas decoration that truly helps me remember what Christmas is all about.

  I bought my figures in a set in 1997 from a department store that doesn't exist anymore on their after Christmas clearance. I love it, and don't plan to ever replace it, unless I lose or break any of the figures, but I have had it for 17 years and it is still in excellent condition. I did lose it one year and couldn't set it up. I even blogged about it - The year I lost Jesus - and I talk to a porcelain baby Jesus.

  I bought the stable at a large Christmas store, Kraynax, that is in Sharon, PA, and have used it ever since. One of the highlights of my Christmas is setting it up, which I just did, hence my thankfulness for it.

  There are nicer ones, more expensive ones, but I like the one I have and am thankful for something that didn't cost me much, but is a reminder of what this season we are coming into is all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment