Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Wednesday, November 5, 2014

30 days of thankfulness, Day 5: Thankful for God's love

 
 On the 5th day of November, I am thankful for God's love. Sadly, I doubted it for years, though I had some things that caused that doubt, I thankfully and finally got past that around this time last year.

  I still would have trouble believing as some do, that if I was the only person alive, that Jesus would have come to die for me, and really that is a moot point. I am not the only person to have ever lived. Yet, it is miraculous how far I have come in this regard of believing God loves me. To finally realize there's nothing I can do to make Him love me more or less...... it is amazing.

  I still have moments when the old "if God loved me....." tries to pop up, but God has really helped me in that area to not give into those thoughts anymore.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment