Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Saturday, November 15, 2014

30 days of thankfulness, Day 15: Thankful for my church

On day 15, I am thankful for my church. There are some things I would like to change, and I don't agree with everything, but I like my church and am glad I am part of it. 

What I like:
1) My pastor and his family
2) The way the church looks.....we have an attractive building and sanctuary. We have a committee that decorates the church
3) My Sunday school class and teacher
4) The padded pews
5) Truth is preached
6) Our Sunday evening orchestra
7) We still mostly sing hymns, though I like some new stuff thrown in
8) We still use hymnals. I'm not a fan of putting the words on a screen
9) Our candle light service
10) Our paved parking lot
11) Our still new church sign
12) Our song leader
13) Air conditioning and heat
14) Friendliness
15) The length of our services
16) The people. Well, most of them
17) Our car port
18)Location
19) I like the fact we still have a morning and evening worship service
20) The music
21) Our K-12 academy
22) Our new hymnal, except for what they did to my favorite hymn
23) Our children's church ministry
24) Our steeple

No comments:

Post a Comment