Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Wednesday, November 26, 2014

30 days of thankfulness, Day 26: Thankful for good, clean fun

On day 26, I am thankful for good clean fun. I am thankful I don't need alcohol to have a good time. I have heard people talk about parties they have gone to, how drunk they got, how they or someone else was throwing up from how much they drank and partied. I even heard a coworker talk about a girl going to the bathroom - both ways - in her clothes because she was too drunk to get up.

  Fun to me is shopping, eating out - especially with a friend or family, spending time with my nieces and nephews, reading, playing board games.

  I come from a non-drinking family. It is something I not only think Christians shouldn't do, I am even more radical than that.... I think everyone would be better off not drinking alcoholic beverages. When we are all together, there is plenty of fun, laughter, board and computer games, and we do it all without alcohol. Imagine that. And I believe we are better off without it.

  The world doesn't know what fun is. It isn't drinking glass after glass or bottle after bottle of something to impair your judgment and other facilities, and to have you puking out your guts, waking up with a hangover. That isn't fun.

I'll take my fun over that any day, and am glad I never felt I needed to drink, smoke, or do drugs to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment