Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Tuesday, November 25, 2014

30 days of thankfulness, Day 25: Thankful for different translations of the Bible



   On day 25, I am thankful for different Bible translations. I grew up on the King James Version of the Bible, and that is all I knew for years. I can still remember the first time I saw a New King James Version of the Bible in a Christian bookstore and thinking it was heresy.

  I have changed my views a lot since then, and I believe for the better. I don't talk in KJV language. No one does. I have found my Bible reading to be enriched by reading from other versions. Are all versions good? No. I have seen some that are in street language. I have looked at one that removes all male pronouns to make the Bible politically correct.

  But there are several good ones. And I am thankful for them. I believe my Bible reading has been made better and I have understood what I read more than when I was reading just the King James.

No comments:

Post a Comment