Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Tuesday, November 4, 2014

30 days of thankfulness, Day 4: Thankful for my family

 
 On day four, I am thankful for my family. They are not perfect, but there is no perfect family.

  Growing up, I always wanted a brother, but just had two sisters. I got along with them as much as siblings do, but it also helped me be a loner, not having a brother around.

 Then my oldest sister got married, and got pregnant her first year of marriage. I hoped and prayed for a nephew..... and it was a girl. So was her next kid, and her next. Then my little sister got married and along came the nephews. Three of them. By that time, my nieces had me wrapped around their fingers and I love all 6 kids equally, and am happy to be their uncle. I wish I had my own kids, but being their uncle is the next best thing.

 A lot of families have fighting and strife in their families, and I can honestly say we don't. I'm sure we get on each others' nerves at times and may not like or approve of everything each other does, but we don't argue and fight. And that is a big plus. When we all get together, there is a lot of noise and fun. The adults get along great, the kids get along great....... I just wish it could happen more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment