Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Thursday, January 26, 2012

31 days of thankfulness Day 26: prayer

I went through a period a few years ago where I wondered if praying did any good. I'd pray and ask God for help and it seemed nothing I ever prayed for happened. I hit a point where I decided I wasn't going to ask God for anything, for it didn't seem to do any good. That may have been the start of my depression.

Anyway, I don't quite feel that way now, at least not to that extreme. Today, I am thankful for prayer. Whether it is myself being able to pray and hoping God is listening, or having someone tell you they are praying for you, prayer brings comfort.

There is a song by one of my favorite groups, The Whisnants, that has helped me some in the not answered prayer department: A Greater Yes. So in addition to being thankful for prayer today, I am going to share that song.

No comments:

Post a Comment