Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Monday, July 25, 2016

Praying for Milo

  I follow an interesting guy on Facebook and Twitter named Milo Yiannopoulos. Milo is a very outspoken conservative that is getting himself banned from liberal colleges and even Twitter because he dares speak out against liberals, Muslims, and liberal agendas. I don't agree with him on everything. For one, he is an avid Donald Trump supporter. For another: he is proudly and unabashedly gay.

  As I was shaking my head in amusement over his antics recently in ticking off liberals, I found myself thinking how sad it is that a brilliant young guy like him has bought into the lie that he can find fulfillment as a gay man. That was followed up with me wondering what the chances are of a guy like him ever finding God and walking away from his gay life. And then another thought hit me: I wonder if there is anyone who prays for him, that he would find God and serve him.....  That was followed by the thought, "maybe I should pray for him...."

   Much has been said about Christians being the only Bible some people may read. Some of us may be the only Christian in someone's life......and if someone like Milo crosses our mind and this idea to pray for them comes out of nowhere, maybe we will be the only person to pray for them.

  I read a quote recently that has stuck with me: “The greatest tragedy in life is not unanswered prayer, but un-offered prayer". Think about that for a second.....now obviously God can work in people's lives without us praying for them. He is God, after all and can do anything.... but for some reason, He seems to like using us to do His work. He could do things without us praying about it, and I am sure He does, but there is something about this medium of prayer that is a tool He likes to use. How can we expect Him to work in people's lives - including our own - if we don't pray and ask Him to?



  How often have people been prompted to pray for a person, only to find out later that the person was in extreme danger. Could God have still protected that person without that prayer being said? Of course.... and I am sure He has and does, but if He urges us to pray for someone, there is a reason He wants that prayer said.

  I am reading a great book on hearing God in every day conversation, and it has really opened my eyes to how much God speaks to me that I toss off and attribute to other things, including my own thoughts...... but what if this idea to pray for Milo Yiannopoulos came from God, and wasn't some random idea that my own mind came up with?

  If I don't pray for Milo, is there anyone who will?

  I believe God has offered salvation to everyone, and that His ways of getting that message to lost souls are endless.... but one of those ways is us. He uses our lives, our prayers, the things we say and do to reach lost souls for Him.

  So if some random person comes to your mind, especially if prayer also enters your mind... pray for that person. And if you're reading this, say a prayer for Milo Yiannopoulos...... that some day, somehow, he will find Jesus as His savior. If God could save you and me, He can save him.


No comments:

Post a Comment