Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Thursday, December 21, 2017

December chex mix

 Christmas is only 5 days away, and it doesn't seem like it could possibly be that close. I am ready for it. All of my gifts are bought and I wrapped them all on Saturday. Unfortunately, I only have one day off between now and Christmas - tomorrow. I'll most likely stay up late watching Christmas movies tonight, as there are a few I want to see that I have not watched yet this year.

 I usually blog a lot over the Christmas season, but have not done so this year for various reasons. However, I do have some things on my mind, so this will be a chex mix type blog.....read what you wish, if you read it at all :)

 And it is long. I have been adding to it for several days.......

1) I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

 My family is big on gag gifts. I usually receive the most, but that may be because I am the one who started the tradition. Around 8-9 years ago, I found a stuffed hippo at a used store. I bought it, wrapped it for my dad, and had the infamous song ready to play as he opened it. Since then, it has been given to different members of the family each year. The kids love to get it, and beg to be the one to get it each year.



2) Christmas cards

 I haven't been in the Christmas card mood this year. I only send out 12 by mail, and those are to people I don't see very often..... and I haven't opened most of the ones I have received yet. Weird, I know.

3) Christmas decorations   

 It may sound weird, but I have been somewhat down about there being no one to see my Christmas decorations. I have really been enjoying them, spending many a night with just the Christmas lights on in the living room..... but no one else has experienced it. Maybe it is dumb to even think like that.

4) Roy Moore

 I am no prophet, but I predicted once the Roy Moore election was over, the accusers would disappear...especially if he lost. And so they have.

 I am one who believes he was innocent and was the victim of a Democratic smear campaign to get the guy in office who supports killing babies.... and it worked.

 What gets me, is how many Christians joined in the mud slinging and stone throwing. There never was any proof, yet Christian after Christian slung mud at him and at anyone who dared defend him.

 Here is my question: Did those joining in act towards Roy Moore as Jesus would? The Bible has a lot to say about how we treat other Christians, and did this stone throwing and mud slinging line up with what the Bible says, or did they just throw out the Sermon on the Mount and other similar verses? This man has led an exemplary Christian life - unlike Trump, the Clintons, and others who so balatantly do wrong - so did the Christians do right who stood on their soapboxes and helped condemn a man for actions he likely did not commit?

What if he is innocent? If he is, then many Christians did him wrong....but who cares, politics is more important than the Bible......



5) Family    

 My family had a rare get together at my parents Monday night. With my 3 nieces all working and everyone having different schedules, it isn't very often that we are all free... but we were Monday night. My mom fried chicken, and we had grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, mac and cheese, baked beans, and Christmas cookies and fudge for dessert.

 The highlight of the evening was when I was playing Blue Christmas on the piano accompanied by my oldest niece on her violin. The rest of the family joined in and tried to mimic the backup singers on Evis Presley's Blue Christmas. It was pretty funny.

6) The Trump vs Obama meme

 I depise Donald Trump.....anyone paying any attention at all to me knows that....but Obama is still a worse president than he has been so far. This meme is popular among pro-Obama/anti-Trump people. To be honest, anyone who thinks Obama was a decent president has no credibility with me when they criticize DT. Be consistent. You can't point out the faults in DT - and there are many - and ignore the 8 years of Obama.

 And the second part IS correct....but it totally gets Obama wrong.

 I shared this link on a friend's post who had shared that meme. This is a pretty exhaustive list of all the times the so-called Christian Obama did things to hurt Christians and our religious freedoms.

https://wallbuilders.com/americas-biblically-hostile-u-s-president/




7) Mistletoe

 With all of the sexual allegations going on, this might not be the best year to hang your mistletoe......just saying..........

8) That time I was accused of sexual harrassment

  Yeah, it really happened. It was around 20 years ago when I was in my 20's. I was working in the bakery at Das Dutch House in Columbiana, OH. I was still very shy and withdrawn, and no one knew I was hiding attractions to other guys. They had recently hired an Asian woman to work on the pie table. We got along great, as I did with all of the other ladies - I was the only guy. On that fateful day, this lady was working alongside Pearl, a lady my mom's age who thought of herself as my mom at work.

 I was on the other side of the bakery, weighing out pie dough so the pie shells would all be the same. I took a small piece of dough and threw across the room at Pearl. I missed, and hit the Asian woman. On the butt. I don't remember how she knew I threw it, but she whirled around and loudly announced that it was sexual harrassment and that if I ever did anything like that again, she'd have me arrested for sexual harrassment. I was horrifed and probably the color of chalk. I remember Pearl speaking up and saying "You know he wasn't aiming at you. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn." I fled to the stock room and hid there in a panic.

 My supervisor came and found me. She said she knew I wasn't trying to hit the woman on the butt, but to go apologize so she'd let it go. My apology went something like this, "I was not aiming at you, but I apologize for hitting you with the pie dough." I ignored her for several weeks, and she slowly tried to make up. I am not bragging, but I was well liked and she knew she had been out of line.

 I eventually moved on to another job, and she brought me a couple pounds of smoked cheddar cheese on my last day. She knew I liked it, and she worked part time at a deli where they sold the cheese. I still believe it was her way of saying she was sorry for making such a big deal out of it.

 The story doesn't end there. A few months ago, an Asian lady walked into the Beaver hospital where I work and said my name. It was this same lady. She asked how I had been, and how my family was doing. I asked the same of her, and found out that she and her husband both had had cancer and were both currently in remission, She gave me a hug and told me it was good to see me, and I told her the same......and it was true. I hold no ill will.

 The story does go to show how easy it is for guys to be falsely accused though. Maybe that is one of the reasons I was not so quick to go against Roy Moore.

9) Fruitcake

I joke a lot about fruitcake, but I have never actually tried one. Who knows, I might actually like one if it was fresh.



10) A gift for myself    

 I usually buy a gift for myself for Christmas....no, I don't wrap it..... but get something I want for myself. This year, the only things I want that I didn't put on my wish list are a pistol and a chest freezer......neither of which I can afford at this point. Were I not still paying off my car insurance on my credit card, I'd put one of them on that and buy it.

11) Inflatable decorations    

 I find those inflatable Christmas decorations an eyesore. There are a few that might not be so bad if people only put one out, but they are evidently like Lay's potato chips......people can't stop at just one. And they look even worse when they are deflated.






12) Sweating the small stuff at Christmas

 It kind of bugs me when people try to make a big deal out of small things at Christmas. i.e. - wismen in a Nativity scene, arguing about the number of wisemen, arguing about whether Mary rode a donkey.....etc. There are bigger issues to worry about, and no one is going to miss Heaven for putting wisemen in a Nativity scene or thinking Mary rode a donkey.

13) Gun

 I do want to get a gun and get a permit to carry it. Some of my family took a course at the beginning of the month, but it was $100 and then you obviously needed to buy a gun...... and I could not afford both. I hope to do that this coming year.

 I had some friends visit me and they declared I need a gun since I live alone and because of where I live.

14) Living according to the Bible

  I am including myself in this, but nowadays it seems so few Christians actually live according to the Bible. This past election is a great example of how so few Christians laid aside what the Bible says about how we treat people, but we do it all year long. Imagine what this world would look like if we actually lived how Jesus said to. Radical thought.



15) Sexual allegations    

 A while back, liberals mocked Pence and were outraged because he won't meet with another woman by himself. In light of all the sexual allegations coming out, he is looking more and more intelligent with his decision. Sadly, there are many women who will accuse men of sexual impropriety when none happened.

16) God's way

  If couples waited til marriage for sex like God intended, some of these allegations could be avoided. There are many vindictive women who have consensual sex and then accuse the man of rape. If the man wasn't engaging in casual sex, he wouldn't be as apt to run into that scenario.





17) Snow lovers        

  People who really love snow annoy me. This may sound dumb, but driving on snowy roads scares me. I hate it. I am afraid I'll go in a ditch, over a hill, hit another car, hit a deer,etc. I am hoping and praying for clear roads, and then you have people cheering the more snow we get. I posted about my trip to work the other day. The roads were really bad, I almost went off the road and over the hill at one point, and got stuck for about 10 minutes. I posted a picture of the roads and one nutcase from my church commented that it was glorious......... isn't that kind of like rejoicing in someone's fears and misfortunes?

If I could stay home and not leave the house, it wouldn't be so bad..... but I have to go to work no natter what the roads are like.



18) Apologies

 I saw where people (Trump supporters) were excited that CNN apologized to Donald Trump. I am still waiting on Trump to apologize to Rubio and Cruz for how he treated them and the crap he said to them..... and to Ted Cruz' father for helping to spread the tabloid lie that Cruz Sr was involved in the assassination of JFK. Fake news indeed

19) My Christmas tree


  I have traditionally put mostly glass ornaments on my tree, but have started adding ornaments that are not so traditional: Iron Man, Captain America, Mario (from Nintendo), a beach chair, a tin airplane....and I like the look. I may start phasing out the round glass ornaments and go to mostly that kind of ornament.

 I'd like to get what is sometimes called a pencil tree, put white lights on it, and leave it up all year with different decorations for different seasons and holidays.




20) New favorite Christmas song

  I have a new favorite Christmas song: Pat-A-Pan by David Archuleta. I had only previously heard the instrumental version by Manheimm Steamroller.... which is very pretty, but the music video is depressing. I recently started listening to David's Christmas CD that I bought over the summer, and he does a great job on it. I love it.





And that is all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment