Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Thursday, October 26, 2017

Late October musings

  It is 7:17 pm. I have been home from work relaxing and eating supper for an hour......well, not eating supper all that time. I really have nothing pressing until I head to bed at 9:30.... I go to bed pretty early when I work the next morning. Since I have nothing pressing to do, I decided to blog about some things that are on my mind:

1) October

  I can't believe we are at the end of October already. It does seem the older I get, the faster time goes. The days are getting colder, and it is getting dark earlier and earlier. Winter is right around the corner, and this guy is not happy about it.

2) The 10 plagues

  I feel like I am having the 10 plagues at my place. For the last couple of months I have been battling flies and stink bugs. It became routine to kill several flies and a few stink bugs in my room every night before going to bed. The flies also invaded the library and laundry room, but oddly enough left the spare bedroom alone. I have fly tape hanging up in the hardest hit rooms, and have replaced them all because they got so full of dead flies.

 And then last week, the ladybugs began to swarm. I swept 108 up in one evening with my vacuum cleaner....... and yes, I counted them.

 Add to that the occasional wasp and even a hornet, and it does feel like my own version of the plagues. I don't like the colder weather, but it does seem to be chasing the bugs away.

3) The church chairs

  I mentioned a while back that my church was building on. They are making the sanctuary bigger, the vestibule bigger, and already made the bathrooms bigger. I am in the minority that we didn't need a bigger sanctuary. Bathrooms.... most definitely. I also mentioned that to save money, the church was going to chairs instead of pews...... and that I was against it. Well, this past Sunday was the first services with the chairs, and the verdict is in: I don't like them. It makes the church look more like a theater than a church, you have no place beside you to lay any belongings you have with you, and you have no choice how close you sit to the people beside you. I still totally dislike them, which seems to be an unpopular opinion, but when did I go with the status quo just to make people happy?



4) Friend's visit

 My best friend visited me for 4 days this past week, and I enjoyed having him here. He lives 400 miles away, so we don't get to see each other very often. We did some shopping, ate out a few times, watched some movies, chatted a lot, and just hung out. I was sad to see him go, especially not knowing when we will be able to hang out again.

5) Christmas music

  The colder weather has got me in the mood for Christmas music. I typically start listening to it before now, but was slow getting in the mood for it this year. Getting a few new Christmas CDs helped me get in the mood, and I am listening to a playlist of Christmas favorites as I blog.





6) Bed & sink

 This may come as a surprise to people who have preconceived notions about bachelors, but I make my bed daily. I can't stand an un-made bed. I also cannot stand a sink full of dirty dishes, and usually have them done shortly after eating whatever I have cooked up.

7) Harvey Weinstein and Donald Trump

 There is a lot of outrage about Harvey Weinstein and his treatment of women......yet many of the same people defended Trump when he said he does the same thing, and defended his other moral failures. The Republican party nominated and elected a man who is just as bad as Weinstein. The Democrats have been doing it for years. I am still frustrated that my party picked such a horrible candidate, and that so many Christians defend his immoral acts, his vulgarity, and his immature attacks on Twitter. I get the people who voted for him reluctantly out of fear of Hillary.... but please don't defend the man's immoral and evil actions. A pastor's wife was trying to make Trump look better by bringing up the moral failures of Bill Clinton and other liberals. Is that what Trump has done to Christianity in America? Has he caused Christians to excuse sin and try to paint one person's sins as not that bad when compared to others?

 And for your viewing pleasure is a picture of the two men paling around together:



8) Disney

  OK, can Christians just stop supporting Disney? It is no secret they are very pro-gay and have been indoctrinating kids for a while. I read today that a show called "Andi Mack" is going to have a 13 year old boy experience feelings for other boys and explore his gay sexuality on this show that is watched primarily by 10 year olds. (Story here) Do Christians care enough about their kids to ban Disney? Do we care enough about the evil in Hollywood to start dropping TV stations and/or movies, or are we too addicted to entertainment to take a stand? If every Christian boycotted Disney and other shows/stations because of the filth and gay indoctrination, I believe it would force a change..... but we are too addicted to being entertained to take any kind of stand. Sadly, many Christians will allow their kids to watch this show.



9) Christmas lights

 I learned a lesson yesterday: One should see how many they have of something before buying more of that item. I wanted to make sure I have enough Christmas lights to do my front porch and most of my windows, so I bought 5 strings of used lights for $1 each. I then came home and went through my Christmas decorations and discovered I already had enough Christmas lights to do two houses.......and that may not be an exaggeration.

 Speaking of lights....I like colored. Some people use white lights, which is so boring and so every other day of the year. Christmas calls for colored lights. My tree has colored lights, but the rest of my family uses boring every day white lights. What can I say? I'm a colorful guy. :)

10) Hollywood and pedophilia

  Why do pedophiles get protected so much? There have been rumors for years of kids being sexually molested in Hollywood, and nothing is ever done about it. A while back, I reviewed a book titled "Love Hunger" by David Kyle Foster. David lived the gay lifestyle for several years, even resorting to prostitution. He was also in and around Hollywood and people of Hollywood for several years, and he said in his book that sexual molestation and exploitation of kids goes on all the time in Hollywood.

11) Coworker moving on

 There are 4 people who have the same position as me, and we cover two hospitals. One of my coworkers is moving on to another job in the hospital, which messes up the schedule. They hope to have a replacement around December 9, but the schedule up til then is going to be messed up. Before, I had the 3 days off after Thanksgiving. Now, I am working all 3 days after Thanksgiving. Ugh!

12) Not cracked up to what it is supposed to be

 Last night I did something for the first time in all of my life that I can recall: I ate a late lunch, and got hungry around 7:00. Fried eggs sounded good, so I got the frying pan ready and 3 eggs. I picked up the first egg to crack and dropped it on the floor.....and I discovered eggs are not that easy to clean up. Hopefully that doesn't happen again for a long time.



13) Christmas decorations

 I found out that I have a lot of Christmas decorations besides lights. I am leaning strongly towards putting all of my safari/wild animals decor away that is in my living room, and put Christmas decor in its place. I even have Christmas pillows. It will be a bother to switch out decor, but I won't have room for Christmas decorations if I don't. I do have a place picked out for my tree and nativity scene.

14) Christmas CDs

 One reason I start listening to Christmas music so early, is because I have so many Christmas CDs. I haven't counted them for a while, but I have well over 100. You can't listen to all of those in a week or two.....

 And you will not find a Christmas CD by Elvis among my Christmas CDs. I did buy one Christmas CD I am slightly ashamed of buying - it was only $1....and I won't say who it is by, though I will say it is a he and a very young he. :)



15) Halloween 

  I think I addressed Halloween in my previous blog post, but that is OK. The older I get, the more anti-Halloween I get. No, I don't snap a rude comment when someone wishes me a Happy Halloween. I just smile and keep silent. Why should Christians have anything to do with a holiday that is all about death, witches, zombies, vampires, and other symbols of death and evil? And no, I don't give candy out on Halloween either. Halloween turns kids into little beggars, and why should I give candy to little greedy kids I don't know? Blunt, but how I feel about it.

16) Book review opportunity

 I don't want to end on a negative note, so I will mention something cool that happened last night. An author commented on a book review of his book I did 3 years ago, Forever Christmas. He asked if I'd be interested in reviewing his new Christmas book, and of course I said yes. It was cool he kept track of my review and liked it well enough to send me his new book to review, which I am looking forward to reading and reviewing.






No comments:

Post a Comment