Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Wednesday, November 2, 2016

2016 Christmas CDs reviews

 I love Christmas music, and have more Christmas CDs than the average person. Hint: a good time to buy them is after Christmas when most Christian bookstores have them for half off.....

  Every year there are new Christmas CDs released that I am interested in. This year there are way too many for me to buy since I am trying to save money while buying a house, but I still bought a few and was able to use 30% coupons on all of the ones I purchased. As I have done the last few years, I am going to briefly review them:




1) A Canton Christmas by Canton Junction, Southern Gospel

  This is a fairly new group, and is one I listen to all of the time. There are 10 songs on the CD. Most of the songs are traditional ones, with one original and one that I was not familiar with. The songs are done in a country style that I enjoy. Favorites: Angels We Have Heard On High and Joy to the World.







2) Tennessee Christmas by Amy Grant, CCM

  I don't listen to much of Amy Grant, other than her hymns and Christmas projects. On this one, she records a new version of her hit Tennessee Christmas along with 12 other new recordings, 6 of which were unfamiliar to me. This is a pretty toned down album, but I like it... except for Baby It's Cold Outside. I hate that song, and must everyone record it? Favorites: Tennessee Christmas, Christmas Don't Be Late, Christmas for You and Me.





3) These Christmas Lights by Matt Redman, Praise and Worship/CCM

  I don't listen to a lot of Matt Redman, but have a couple of his CDs. I figured he'd do a good Christmas CD, and he has. The CD has 11 all original songs that are well done, and different from the usual Christmas fare. It is a fairly mellow album.  Favorites: These Christmas Lights and Angels Singing






4) A Pentatonix Christmas by Pentatonix, acapella

  I am not a fan of acapella, but enjoy this group. In their short career, this is already their third Christmas CD. It has 11 tracks, 3 of them originals. I don't think I like it as well as their other two, but it was still worth buying. Favorites: Oh Come All Ye Faithful and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.


No comments:

Post a Comment