Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Wednesday, September 7, 2016

A note about comments

   I got a couple of lovely comments from some anonymous person yesterday on a blog post I did recently on memes that I hate. It was a post I did for fun about Facebook memes that bug me. I hesitate to put the comments here, as I don't want to give him a platform for his insulting and ridiculous comments, but yet I want to use them as an example of why I moderate comments:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Meme/picture hate": 

"This post sounds like you just whining about stupid stuff on the internet like a teenage girl on her period. Just don't look at them. In fact I should be doing the same thing." 


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Meme/picture hate": 

"Wow "visible after approval." I guess you are really insecure about other's opinions. 

Your whole blog is literally doing the opposite of bringing people to God, by the way.

You should be using a more persuasive technique rather than whining on a blog."

  I have the comments set up so that I have to approve them before they show. It is not that I am insecure, as the person claimed:

I get a lot of SPAM comments that have nothing to a blog post, or is a link to sell something or direct people to another website.

A second reason I moderate, is because of people like this anonymous commenter. I can handle polite disagreement. I have approved comments by anonymous and registered users who disagreed with me..... but if a person is so cowardly to hide behind an anonymous i.d. and make insulting and degrading comments.... I am not approving them. If you're going to insult me and be ignorant, at least say who you are and come out of your closet of cowardice.

  This IS my blog. I will post what I want on here. I have posted funny stuff, rants, pet peeves, political, religious, and other issues....I am not bound to post on any certain issue. And I am not bound or required to approve all comments. End of story,

No comments:

Post a Comment