Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Saturday, August 6, 2016

Singles challenge day #2

   As a joke -  and out of being weary of so many people doing the "Marriage Challenge" on Facebook, where people are challenged by a friend to post a picture of them and their spouse for 7 days to promote love and marriage (does EVERY married person have to do it, and why 7 days?!) - I posted a picture of myself and said I had nominated myself for a single's challenge to honor, encourage, and promote singleness.

 I don't want to be narcissistic, so on day two, I am going to feature some famous singles as my single's challenge for day 2:

1) Jesus. Yeah, our Savior never married, so when you're praying, you are praying to a single male adult. (take that feminists!



2) Henri Nouwen. Interestingly, this well known author and thinker dealt with same-sex attractions, but lived for God instead of his sexual desires.



3) Kraft singles. This one needs no introduction. Where would we be without these delicious single slices of cheese?



4) Paul. Sure, it is a common theory that Paul's thorn in the flesh was a wife, but the Bible does seem to indicate he was unmarried.


5) Music singles. What would the music industry be without singles being released by artists?


No comments:

Post a Comment