Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Sunday, May 8, 2016

Random May thoughts

  In my down time at work in the Emergency Department waiting room, I don't have much to do except think and watch the door for patients, or chat with co-workers who come by the desk. Occasionally, I'll type a blog post up in an email and send it to myself. Sometimes I'll just type down a bunch of random thoughts that have been on my mind. They become a blog post like this:

   Age/birthday

  I am turning 47 in 17 days.....and I can't believe it. I am already at the point in life that I wonder where the years have gone. I don't mean to sound proud, but I see some other people my age who look older than I do. Maybe I am biased, but I don't think I look as old as a lot of people my age :)

This being my birthday month, I am accepting gifts, gift cards, and money all month long. :)



Weight 

  I am in a weight loss slump. Last week, I lost 3 pounds..... this week, I don't think I have lost any. It seems like I hit a point and get stuck there for a week or so. I am thankful for the 25 I have lost, but I want more to come off..... and faster

Donald Trump

  I may have too much anger and frustration with Trump and his supporters, but I cannot begin to fathom how any intelligent person that is a conservative and/or Christian could overlook so much in him morally and politically, and vote for him. I cannot and will not. If the Republican Party wants my vote, then they need to put up a decent pro-life candidate who isn't opposite to everything I believe.

Bathrooms

  It blows my mind the amount of people who have no problem with people using whichever bathroom they want to use, And it blows my mind even more that we who are concerned about safety  are being hated and called bigots by even other Christians. I feel like I am living in an upside down world, the twilight zone, or an alternate reality these days.



Vacation

 Three weeks from this coming Saturday is my vacation to  the Outer Banks. I cannot wait, and won't want to come back. Maybe God could call me as a missionary to that area......Or maybe I could set up a small store on the beach and sell Bibles, surfboards, towels, and fishing poles.....

  I am hoping to get through some of the books on my "to be read" stack while there.



Donald Trump 2

One of my biggest pet peeves lately is idea propagated by Trump supporters that everyone opposing him are liberals, Obama voters, or unemployed - they have used all three accusations. I am none of those, and am against him because I am a Christian and conservative. and I am too Christian and conservative to vote for him.

Minority victories

  Why does the minority always win? Gay marriage was legalized because a minority wanted it. Prayer was taken out of school because of one women. This insanity over bathrooms is to make .3% of the population happy. If there are so many Christians in America, why don't we ever win? Why don't we ever put a stop to the madness? Is it because too many of us don't care, are too liberal and are OK with these things, or why??

  There is this attitude that we should never offend or disagree with anyone, so we should lay down and let the country march onto whatever madness someone is pushing.

Bible translations

  I am thankful for the different Bible translations out there. I think King James only people are depriving themselves of better Bible reading and study. I find having several different translations make reading and studying the Bible more interesting and adds variety, especially to verses I could recite from memory from the King James Version, the one I was raised on.

Cross

  The older I get and the further I travel on this Christian walk, the more convinced I am that we are doing American Christianity, and maybe even American church wrong. Everything revolves around "me".....we want a church that has the style of music and worship that we like, we decide what in the Bible is relative to us and what we need to practice and obey. Most of us look at the cross as a fancy piece of jewelry, not an ugly and heavy object that we must carry if we are to truly serve God.



Politics versus trusting God

 I have been wondering lately about all of this demands and calls for we anti-Trump people to toss aside all of our issues with him to vote for him to avoid a Hillary presidency, and about all of this fear and worry about a Hillary presidency...... is our trust in politics and politicians instead of God if we support such a man instead of clinging to our principles, morals, and Biblical values? Are we Christians too focused on and too worried about this election outcome? And what does it say about us if we do set aside principles and morals to vote for a man as vile and vulgar as this..... or for the woman on the other ticket?

Hymns

  My two favorite hymns:

And Can It Be?
Great Is Thy Faithfulness

  I think it is sad that so many churches are deserting hymns and going to new songs that lack the depth and meaning so many of the hymns have.



I am loved

CHORUS
I am loved, I am loved
I can risk loving you
For the One who knows me best
Loves me most
I am loved you are loved
Won't you please take my hand
We are free to love each other
We are loved

VERSE 1
I said if You knew You wouldn't want me
My scars are hidden by the face I wear
He said my child My scars go deeper
and It was love for you that put them there

CHORUS

VERSE 2
Forgiven I repeat it I'm forgiven
Clean before my Lord, I freely stand
Forgiven I can dare forgive my brother
Forgiven I reach out to take your hand







No comments:

Post a Comment