Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Saturday, December 31, 2011

31 days of thankfulness

I have been dealing with depression for a few years now. I have been put on several different medications, some didn't help, some did for a while, and then stopped helping. I finally gave up. They were getting too expensive for me to buy. My doctor suggested a counselor, and I went once, but he and I had totally differing views on one area, and I couldn't see it working. A Christian counselor might work, but they are espensive.

So for the last several months, I have just been dealing with it. Some days are worse than others, stuff happens and make it worse, but for the most part, I keep a handle on it, and most people around me have no idea how depressed I am.

I'm not sure how I became so depressed. And I don't know how to get out of it, but I do know I have become too negative. It does seem I have more than my share of hard knocks, and have more to deal with than the average Christian, but my outlook has become too gloomy. I have become a pessimist. I focus on the bad.

That said, I decided that is one thing I need to work on, being more positive. Call it a New Year's Resolution if you want, but it is a step in the right direction.

There being 31 days in January, I am going to blog every day about something I am thankful for. The negative side of me is already wondering if I can come up with 31, but I think I can. This may be a small thing to do, just a small step of many I need to take, but it is better than sitting here wishing things would change. So tomorrow, day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment