Saturday, October 29, 2016
Donald Trump in the Bible
1) Nebuchadnezzar. Good old Neb is the first person who pops into my mind for finding Trump comparisons in the Bible. He was arrogant, egotistical, and thought way too highly of himself. If there was such a thing as reincarnation, Trump could easily be Neb reincarnated. Anyone who knows their Bible very well knows that God took Neb down a few pegs. Who knows....that may happen to DT, though if he started grazing like a cow, they'd lock him up today.
2) Absalom. Absalom is best well known for trying to take the kingdom away from his father. However, one of the first mentions of Absalom is when he falls into lust with his half sister Tamar. 2 Samuel tells the sordid tale of a lust filled Absalom forcing himself sexually on his half sister. With Trump's bragging about sexually assaulting women, he is like Absalom. (And yes, grabbing women where he said he likes to grab them IS sexual assault).
3) The anti-Christ. Bet you didn't see that one coming..... No, I am not saying DT is the anti-Christ, just like him. As I watch with horrified disbelief at the evangelical Christians fully supporting and defending a man they never would if he was running as a liberal, it makes me realize all over again how easily people will be deceived by the anti-Christ, and how easily even Christians will accept him. (all he'd have to do is run for office against Hillary) I thought the same thing when Obama so easily won people over, and Trump has done the same thing.
4) Herod Antipas. We read about this guy in the Gospels. He got the hots for his brother's wife, so she divorced her husband and married him. Sounds more closer to Trump than David and Trump.
5) Herod Agrippa. This guy is the one who people were saying was a god. He was so full of himself that he just accepted their praise, so God had him eaten alive by worms.....no one has called Trump a god......though they act like he is one, and he has been compared to Jesus.... and he accepts all the praise he can get.
6) Ahab. Nothing in particular, but still more like Trump than David. Ahab was a wicked king who worshiped other gods and allowed the Israelites to worship other gods. Trump is wicked, and has definitely worshiped other gods.....not wooden statues, but sex, money, and power, and he is leading God's children down the wrong path today.
7) The Pharisee. In Luke 18, Jesus tells about a Pharisee who was bragging about his own righteousness and compared him to a publican who was beating his chest and saying "God be merciful to me, a sinner". While courting the Christian vote, Trump has been rather full of himself with his own righteousness, even bragging that he had never done anything he needed to ask God's forgiveness for. Christians, meet your Pharisee.
8) Rehoboam. He is best known for listening to the wrong advice of his advisers. Some encouraged him to be easier on the people than his father had been, and others recommended he be even harder on the people. He went with the latter advice, and his decision divided the kingdom for the rest of Israel's day of kings. Trump has also caused major division, dividing the Republican party, conservatives, and Christians..... possible beyond repair.
9) Satan. Yes, I went there. Satan is the great deceiver and a liar from the beginning. Trump has become the greatest deceiver since Obama deceived the country 8 years ago. Whatever he says, his supporters believe, even though he said the opposite not long ago.