Yet the same people offended by these things seem to not be offended by - or at least don't waste the effort to say so - things that are truly offensive: sex trafficking, abortion, letting kids be transgender....and more. It makes me think of the verse in the Bible about straining at a gnat, and swallowing a camel. I think that fits.
So to help you out, I have come up with a list of Christmas songs that are offensive, and you should avoid. It is not exhaustive. And all are original with me except #3 and the second part of #25. Yeah, I really stretched on some.....but so are the people being offended by songs.
1) I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - two reasons here. It promotes adultery, and what if Santa didn't want kissed? Maybe he is part of the #Metoo movement.
2) I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas: White...really? Could the songwriter be any more racist?
3) Let It Snow: insensitive to the homeless
4) I'll Be Home for Christmas, and Home for the Holidays. Same reason as above.
5) Silent Night: insensitive to deaf people
6) Do You See What I See? Offensive to both blind and deaf people.
7) Good Christian Men Rejoice and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen: What about the women? Chauvinist songs putting men above women.
8) Winter Wonderland: insensitive to those who cannot walk
9) Merry Christmas Darling: Hurtful to those who have no darling.
10) I Heard the Bells: see #5
11) Tennessee Christmas: offensive to anyone not from Tennessee.
12) Santa Baby: it is just a horrible song
13) Go Tell It on the Mountain: Insensitive to mute people
14) Hark the Herald Angels Sing: makes people feel left out who can't carry a tune.
15) Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy: promotes identity theft
16) O Come All Ye Faithful: leaves out the unfaithful
17) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas: "Little" - could offend short people.
18) All I Want for Christmas Is You: way to leave out everyone else. Rude
19) Little Drummer Boy: insensitive to short people and those who cannot play the drums
20) The 12 days of Christmas: promotes ownership of people... and insensitive to those who cannot count.
21) Ding Dong, Merrily On High: sounds like a drug reference
22) Deck the Halls: gay apparel? Making fun of gay people, obviously
23) The Holly and the Ivy: insensitive to those allergic to poison ivy
24) An Old Christmas Card: could make elderly people feel bad
25) Frosty the Snowman: not gender inclusive...plus he doesn't wear pants
26) All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth: hurtful to West Virginians
27) Blue Christmas: makes fun of smurfs
28) A Marshmallow World: hurtful to diabetics who should avoid marshmallows
29) Santa Clause Is Coming to Town: "sees you when you're sleeping?"...encourages peeping toms
30) Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer: encourages violence towards grandmas