Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Saturday, April 9, 2016

My Fitness Pal

 
 Since I got my diabetes diagnoses 5 weeks ago, I have changed my eating habits a lot. I have been amazed at the amount of carbs and sugars that are in foods that I eat so many of, and immediately started cutting back on my intake of those. I bought a fitbit band to help me keep track of my steps and try to get in the recommended steps per day.

  My weight when I went in the hospital was 247...the most I have ever weighed in my life. As hard as it may be to believe, I lost 7 pounds just being in the hospital. Since I got out, I have lost another 12, but it has been going slower than I wanted.

  About a week ago, I installed an app on my phone that had been recommended to me: My fitness pal. It also works on a computer. It has a lot of features, and I need to use more of them, but right now I am using it to keep track of calories and what I eat.You put in your weight and your goal weight to start, and it shows how many calories you should have in a day to reach that weight. It has a place for each day to put in what you eat for each meal plus snacks, and shows how many calories you have taken in so far and how many you have left to stay within the recommended calorie intake. It also shows carbs, sodium, and a few other things.

  As I have faithfully used this app, I am seeing why the weight has come off so slow. Although I have been carefully watching my carb intake, I haven't been watching my calories...and I realized I need to watch both; so most days I am careful on both, going over the calories occasionally.



    I am learning to plan my day ahead of time. Today, I went shopping after work, and decided to go to to O'Charley's to eat since I had a 20% coupon. I ate 2 pieces of bacon for breakfast... yeah, not a good start calorie-wise, an apple later, and had sugar free applesauce and pudding for lunch.....by the time I got to O Charley's, my carbs and calories should have still been pretty low, but I looked at their nutrition facts on their menu, and decided on what to have before I got there. I got the grilled chicken meal with rice and a salad.

My goal weight is 190, though I'll be happy with 200. That means either 38 or 28 more pounds to go




No comments:

Post a Comment