Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Whiter than snow

 
 The older I get, the more I dislike winter and snow. I don't like driving in it, I don't like dealing with it, and would be happy if I never was around it anymore.

 The Bible uses snow to give an idea of what God can do with our sins: “Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool." In recent years, that has not been my favorite comparison. I have wondered if there couldn't have been found a better and whiter thing to use.

  It snowed here last night.....all night. I got up to go to work this morning and walked outside at 5 am to check the driveway and roads. Everything was covered in white, seven inches of white snow. The snow was undisturbed, nothing having walked on it at that point. It was quiet, the kind of quiet after a big snowfall. It is as if the snow absorbs all sound.

 I walked - or more like waded - through the deep snow to  the top of the driveway. As I turned to go back down the driveway and looked at my footprints in the snow, that Bible verse came to my mind. Even at 5 am in the morning, I could see how white the snow was, thanks to the moonlight and the light from the light in our driveway. It looked very white. And yet the Bible says though our sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow.

  Even snow can be a good thing, What a powerful reminder of what God can do for us..... to change even the wickedest of sinner's hearts white as snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment