Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Praying for a car

  One year ago this month, I decided it was time to start looking for another car. My Sunfire had been a good car, but after hitting 4 deer with no insurance to cover deer, and with the muffler falling off; it was on its last leg.... or tires.

  I don't know that I had ever prayed about a car before, but I started praying that I'd find the right one. I began looking on craigslist, and one of the first vehicles I found in my price range seemed promising: a 2004 Chevrolet Malibu for $4500.00, 68,000 miles, and it looked in great condition. It was at a very small used car dealership. I called and got more information about the car, and felt more confident that this was the car for me. I made arrangements to go look at it after work.

 As I drove to the dealership, I prayed a prayer that if it was the car for me; the man would take $4000.00 for it. I got there, checked the car over, and test drove it.... it was as good as the pictures had indicated. We got back to the dealership and chatted about the car. I expressed interest. During the conversation, the man remarked about how low their prices were and they tried to price them low. I thought "there's no way he'll take less", but finally at one point I asked him. He said to let him do some figures. After doing some things on paper and the computer, he agreed. He even offered to give me a very small amount for my wreck I was driving, which I feared I couldn't get rid of.

  When all was said and done and taxes and fees added, the final amount was $4200.00. I planned on putting $1500 from my savings account on it, and borrowing the rest....... then my parents surprised me. They offered to loan me the rest of the money - $2700.00, and I could pay them $200.00 a month. There were a few months I paid more, so this past week I paid them the final $100.00.

  I've had the car a year now, and it has been a great vehicle........ one I am sure that God helped me find.

  Prayer has been on my mind a lot lately since watching the War Room movie. I am more and more convinced that it is something I have not been using enough in decisions like car buying and other things that I assume I know what I am doing and don't need to bother God about. This is one time when I did pray, and the results have been good.



1 comment:

  1. Great faith article! I had a similar experience when my roommates lawnmower busted. We needed one pretty quick because we made a little extra cash mowing for our neighbors, but when you're strapped for cash it's hard to find a good one. We found one on Craigslist and the guy, after some prayer, gave it to us half price - wow!

    Lonnie @ Viva Chevy

    ReplyDelete