Friday, November 14, 2014
30 days of thankfulness, Day 14: Thankful for good memories
1) Family vacations. My parents put us kids first and took us many places, and gave us many happy vacations over the years
2) Christmas. My parents always gave us a nice Christmas with more gifts than we deserved. We'd take a night and drive around looking at Christmas lights while listening to Christmas music in the car.
3) Getting my first car
4) Becoming an uncle for the first time
5) Finding a best friend
6) Playing Wii games with my nieces and nephews
7) Holding my nieces and nephews as babies
8) Watching my sisters marry
9) Great books I have read
10) Family gatherings
11) Memorable music concerts
12) Hugs from nieces and nephews
13) Throwing a 50th anniversary party for my parents
And many more. A lot of good times, good things, and good people. Sure, there is a lot of bad sprinkled throughout, but the good is what we need to remember. And be thankful for.