Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Saturday, July 12, 2014

50 random deep thoughts, not so deep thoughts, and questions

1) I love chicken. Fried chicken, grilled chicken, BBQ chicken, chicken tacos, chicken burritos, chicken nuggets......

2) The miracle part of "Miracle Whip" is that anyone can past the horrid smell to actually eat it

3) Animals are not people. Stop treating them like they are.

4) They shouldn't call it "a capella".....they should call it "a ca-boring"

5) Women will never have equal rights with men as long as they insist on special treatment with toilet seats

6) My dream that will never happen.... well, one of them: to open a Christian bookstore/coffee shop

7) I enjoy solitude

8) Why DO we park on driveways and drive on parkways?



9) Of all the things that I am, being an uncle is my favorite

10) Life is too complicated sometimes, and goes by too fast

11) If being a vegetarian is so great, why did God give a long list of animals that we could eat, and not a long list of plants we could eat?

12) At least in the summer, it is not as hot in the mornings and evenings, but in the winter, it is cold all day long and never warmer at any point

13) I think anyone running for president should be required to have served in the military. Also, they should have to put aside their golf clubs and blackberry for their entire term of being president

14) I am proud to be a conservative.... Republican? Not so much.

15) I try to be charitable, but it is beyond me how a professing Christian can vote for a candidate who has killing babies in the womb as part of their very platform and policies, not to mention just supporting it



16) If something was taboo before, maybe there were good reasons for it being taboo

17) Politics. Comes from two words: poly, meaning many, and tics, meaning a blood-sucking parasite

18) If Jesus suddenly showed up in person, most churches would kick him out and not welcome Him into their church

19) If a weird meat that is not eaten by the majority of the population does indeed "taste like chicken", then why go for the weird? Just eat chicken!

20) Most decent women wouldn't answer the door in their underwear, yet will go out in public in a bikini which covers the same amount of skin.... odd how color suddenly makes something modest that would be immodest in underwear colors......

21) It is weird to salt watermelon. It is a fruit. One does not salt fruit. You salt vegetables.

22) Yes, a tomato is technically a fruit, but it shouldn't be.

23) I don't always salt cherry tomatoes

24) I'm not a big animal person. I like some animals in their place. Like outside, and in zoos.

25) I also like some animals on a plate beside my mashed potatoes and gravy



26) I think no matter how mature the Christian, we still tend to put God in a box, and are surprised when He gets out of it.

27) It will never cease to amaze me how the liberals and media defend Muslims, when Muslims have such a bad track record with their treatment of women and gay people....... two of the biggest causes of liberals

28) I think Southern Gospel music is the best music there is. That isn't to say I like all Southern Gospel music. I DO have taste

29) When most people are depressed, they lose their appetite. When I am depressed, I want to eat constantly

30) They have sports bras for cars. Really.

31) When I get my own place again, I would love to have a room for just my books. And a nice Lazy Boy recliner to enjoy them in.

32) I don't think even my close family and friends get how much I really do hate winter. It has only one redeeming quality: Christmas. Granted, that is a major redeeming quality, but Jesus was most likely born at a warmer time of year anyway.

33) Windows 8 drives me crazy. Why does Microsoft have to keep making worse operating systems in the name of improvement?

34) Every time you pray, you are praying to a single adult male.



35) What if the hokey pokey is really what it is all about?

36) We have reached the point even as Christians, that we let society, instead of God's Word, dictate what is right and wrong, normal and abnormal, what should be hidden, and what should be paraded down the street.

37) Don't blame me. I didn't vote for Obama... either time.

38) There are a lot of people who have absolutely no clue what is going on in this country in regards to the scandals plaguing this administration.

39) More people should watch Fox News.

40) There is a right way and a wrong way to put toilet paper on the dispenser. The right way is with it coming off the front, not behind.

41) People go to the emergency room for the dumbest stuff

42) If the Bible is supposedly wrong on homosexuality, is it also wrong on fornication, adultery, incest, and bestiality? Or did it just get it wrong on that one sexual sin?

43) If we could hear people's thoughts, we would be much kinder and loving to each other

44) On the other hand, we might have more enemies if we could hear other's thoughts



45) My favorite musical group is the Booth Brothers. They consist of two brothers and a third guy who is not their brother

46) As far as I have come with issues of self esteem, I am still afraid to add someone as a friend on Facebook, for fear they don't want to be my friend

47) I am way too outspoken, but people have no idea what I think that I DON'T say

48) Nothing is worth missing Heaven for

49) He that is born of God doth not commit sin

50) If we were more thankful, we would be happier

No comments:

Post a Comment