Sometimes I feel like blogging and have absolutely no ideas to blog about. Tonight is one of those times. The slate is completely blank...... but I still feel like blogging. So I am doing a post similar to one I did a few years ago. Things about me that people may or may not know. Yeah, not that interesting, but it will scratch the urge to blog itch.
1) I am really outspoken, but I think it is to cover up all of the inadequacies that I feel. And I really don't say half of what I think.... no one would like me then :-)
2) If I had to pick a favorite cuisine, it would probably be Mexican. Although Italian is up there too.
3) I don't enjoy missions services, when a missionary visits and speaks about the country they are a missionary to. Heretical, I know, but true.
4) My favorite genre' of music to listen to is Southern Gospel.
5) Most days, I feel like a failure.
6) My favorite music artist is the Booth Brothers.
7) If I could live anywhere I wanted, it would be near a beach and lighthouse. I'd go to church at the beach, work at the beach, read at the beach........
8) I love lighthouses.
9) My favorite hymn is "And Can It Be?".... with the chorus, not the way it was originally written.
10) I hate being single, and wish marriage was an option, but it isn't.
11) The second place I'd like to live is in Amish country.
12) I am glad my church has Sunday evening services, though sometimes I'd rather stay home and relax.
13) I love to read, and my favorite genre' to read is Christian suspense/mystery.
14) I can't remember the last time I read a secular book. Or listened to a secular song.
15) I still have a massive self esteem issue.
16) I think my favorite vacation ever was two years ago. My parents, my little sister and her family, and my 3 nieces took a 2-day trip to Lancaster, PA to go to the Sight and Sound Theater, and a few other places. It was too short, but awesome.
17) I really loathe the word "delish" and would love to ban the word.
18) I like my church, but wish we had events outside of church for people to get together and fellowship and have fun.
19) If I publicly said how strongly I feel about our current president, the Secret Service would most likely show up at my door.
20) My favorite drink is iced tea - sweet, and diet coke with certain foods like pizza.
21) I love Christmas, but hate winter.
22) I really, really do hate winter. And don't enjoy driving on the roads when they are bad.
23) I'd love a 70 degree climate 365 days of the year.
24) I have to take a pill nightly to help me sleep.
25) I love covered bridges and have one close to me I visit often.
26) Getting old scares me.
27) There are still times I feel like I need to earn God's grace.
28) I really don't enjoy singing in church unless I really like the song.
29) I have too many favorite authors to narrow it down to just one.
30) I've spent most of my life feeling like I had to hide the real me.
31) I remember just about every joke I have heard, though it often takes something someone says to trigger the joke.
32) My favorite movies are the Chronicles of Narnia movies, and I keep hoping they do more of them.
33) I love superhero movies.
34) There are days I wish I could take some books and go off by myself for a couple of days.
35) I love fried chicken, and my mom's fried chicken is my favorite. I'd pick it for my last meal.
36) I can't sing a part, though I wish I could.
37) I believe it is better to read a few verses of Scripture and get something out of it, than to read a few chapters and just mark it off the checklist.
38) I wish I could go barefoot and go in sandals 365 days a year.
39) I've probably cried more in my life than most men.
40) Sometimes I am amazed at how many people have added me as a friend on Facebook, and figure if they knew me well, they'd delete me.
41) I really loathe sports more than most people would consider normal, but feel sports played a large part in the bullying I got in high school and the scars I carry inside to this day.
42) My favorite translation of the Bible is the New Living Translation.
43) I struggle with depression, though I usually keep a good handle on it, but lately it has been kicking my butt.
44) I love to blog, and find it therapeutic, but often think what I write is dumb.
45) Becoming an uncle was one of the greatest joys of my life. Six times over.
46) One of my biggest regrets is not being a father, though I am afraid I'd have messed that up.
47) I still feel like I haven't found my place in this world.
48) I wish I could travel and take pictures of churches and other interesting things I'd run across.
49) I've carried a secret for years that has gotten too heavy to carry, and I believe has done me more harm by keeping it, than if I had told the world.
50) I love it when someone gives me a card and writes a personal note in it, which might be why I hate Christmas newsletters so much. They are impersonal and mass produced.
51) I wish I could see my nephews more often, but am glad they are now 2 hours away instead of 9
52) Some people think Facebook is a waste of time, but it helps me keep connected to the world and stops me from withdrawing into myself, as I used to do so often.
53) One thing I don't like about my job is how early I have to go to bed..... I love staying up late.
Speaking of which, it is time I stop blogging and get ready to head there.