Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Monday, April 7, 2014

My favorite bridge

Author Tricia Goyer is running a contest where she is giving away books, and the way to enter is to do a blog post about your favorite bridge, so here is mine:

  My favorite bridge may not be the prettiest bridge, but it is my favorite one. It is the Teagarden -Centennial Covered Bridge on Teagarden Road near me, about 4-5 miles away. There is a biking/walking trail that goes right by it, so when the weather is nice, I'll often drive up there, spend some time on the bridge, and walk on the trail.

  The description from Wikipedia:
The Teegarden-Centennial Covered Bridge is a covered bridge in Columbiana County, Ohio. The bridge crosses Little Beaver Creek on Eagleton Road, 0.1 miles East of county road 411 near Salem, Ohio. It is currently only open to pedestrian traffic.[2]

It was named after U. Teegarden who owned land near the bridge. Also known as the Centennial Bridge, it built in 1876, 100 years after the signing of the United States Declaration of Independence.[2]

The 66-foot, multiple king post span was designed by Jeremiah C. Mountz and David Reese. The bridge was in use until 1992 and underwent restoration in 2003. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in August 2010


  The bridge is not in use anymore, and is only for visiting and walking on, but it is a cool historical bridge that I am blessed to have practically in my back yard.











5 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful bridge-I just love covered bridges!
    Mark, I had no idea that you were a blogger until last week!-I have enjoyed reading thru some of your posts, and found them interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopped by because I also linked up on Tricia's blog...Love the pictures! That is a beautiful bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that bridge!!! Thank you SO much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you to have that beauty so close. I'm stopping by from Tricia's linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! What great photos too, of the bridge in different seasons. Another visitor from Tricia's blog. (:

    ReplyDelete