Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Thursday, December 20, 2012

Favorite Christmas song #20, The Reason by The Manuel Family Band

There was a Southern Gospel/Country group that had a short lived career. To my knowledge, they only did a few CDs. One of those was a Christmas CD that had some great and different songs on it. This song is my favorite from the CD. I think it would be better with more than one person singing it, but it has great words and is still a great song. The Reason, by The Manuel Family Band.

Verse 1
Going back to Bethlehem, gonna' find this Baby
Looking for a manger, where the King of Kings was laid.
But I never made it to Bethlehem, I never passed a star or three wise men
I found out Baby Jesus was real, when I was distracted at Calvary's Hill.

Chorus:
And you can't get to His manger, without looking past His cross
A "No vacancy" sign at the Bethlehem Inn
But He made room for the lost.
And on your journey to find three wise men
You'll pass a crowd crying "Crucify Him"
There's just a lot whole lot more to Baby Jesus
There's the reason why He came.

Verse 2
I don't come to condemn the excitement the season brings
I'd just like to leave with you this very important thing
He's not in a manger. You won't find Him there anymore.
But if you listen closely, you'll hear a full-grown Jesus
Knocking at your heart's door.

Bridge:
The reason He came was to give life
He came to set the captive free
To bind up the broken-hearted
And give a chance to a loser like me
So while you're making memories during the holiday
Don't forget the reason Jesus came.





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment