Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Monday, January 15, 2018

Mid January thoughts

Again, not an actual blog post..... I am bad at doing those these days...... but just some random things on my mind.

1) The curve-ball

  You truly never know what a day - or week - will hold. I started out last week having no idea what kind of week it was going to be. It wasn't a good one. My furnace quit working on Monday. It took a few days to figure out what exactly was going to happen, mainly whether the part it needed could still be bought.....and it cannot.

 It looked like I was going to have to move out until Spring - I won't go into the details, but it looks like it will be around a month until a new furnace can be put in. On Friday, my parents helped me pack up and move what I will need for a month, along with taring precautions to make sure the water pipes won't freeze. So I am back in my parents' basement for a month or so, with enough clothes and other things to keep me for a month. Fun times. The plus is that my mom is an awesome cook, and I will get to eat her cooking instead of mine for the duration.

2) A Christmas gift with a lot of mileage

  I received a lot of nice Christmas gift, but there is one getting more mileage than the others. A Southern Gospel group I like did a CD called "The Americana Sessions", and I have been listening to it a lot. One of my favorite cuts on the CD is The American Trilogy. I hit repeat a lot on that song.




3) Reading

 I am 9 books in towards my goal of 130 books, and am ahead on my goal according to Goodreads. I did a lot of reading over the weekend, averaging a book a day. One book I read was the debut novel by Jaime Jo Wright. It was really good, and I love the dedication to her husband in the front of the book. It makes me smile.




4) Defending the indefensible

  I was one who was disgusted by Donald Trump's wording when he said what he did about Haiti and other countries. What is more disgusting and disturbing are the Christians and conservatives defending that and everything else the man says and does. I get people voting for him to stop Hillary. I get liking some of the things he has done politically that are the right move, whatever his reasons for doing them. I cannot get the constant defense of his wrong actions and words. No matter if it is Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, or Donald Trump..... if  you defend their godless actions and words and their lawless actions, you are in a cult.....not a political party.

 I was attacked and told I wasn't perfect for daring to say he should not have said what he said.....by a Christian. Support your guy when he does right, but please don't support and defend him when he is dead wrong and vulgar.

And I truly believe his supporters are more offensive and defensive of anti-Trump comments than anti-God comments and sentiments.




5) Mom's chex mix

 Speaking of my mom's awesome cooking, she makes the best chex mix, hands down. You cannot buy any that good. Hers is spicier than most, but not so it is burning your tongue. My nieces go wild over it. My oldest niece was messaging how badly she wanted some, so I made a video of myself eating some and raving about how good it is and sent it to her.....she wasn't as amused as I was. :)

6) Belated birthday party

  Our whole gang was going to get together last Monday for my youngest sister's birthday, but the weather interfered, so we are trying for tonight. For the first time since Christmas, the whole Buzard clan will be here in the same house. Home made pizza and home made ice cream are in the forecast. The Wii remotes are charging, and Uncle Mark is about to practice Mario Karts 8 so I can try to beat some kids in it.

7) Snow

  Can we all agree that we have had enough snow for this winter? The older I get, the more I hate it. I am not ashamed to admit driving on winter roads scares me. I worry about going in the ditch, I worry about sliding into another car or vice versa, I worry about a deer crossing and being unable to stop hitting it.

 And amid my worry and fear, there are brainless idiots cheering about the pretty snow. Rude? Not really. :)

8) Sex accusations

  You know, if everyone did sex the way God intended - wait til marriage, and only have it with your marriage partner - a lot of this stuff wouldn't go on. Many of these accusations come after a woman willingly whores herself out, then decides to call it assault.

 Also, if we all practiced Mike Pence's rule, it would cut down on the accusations.

 What is sad is there are so many false accusations, and there are men sitting in jail because an evil woman for some reason leveled false accusations of rape. When found out, these women need to serve the same amount of jail time the man did or would have.

9) Caramel M&Ms

 Very random, but I am eating some as I blog.....they remind me a lot of Mild Duds, but not quite as chewy and apt to stick to your teeth. My favorite is still the peanut butter ones.

 And this is a post of random stuff on my mind. And caramel M&Ms are on my mind...and in my mouth and stomach also.



10)  Church

 Do I dare admit it on my public blog where anyone can read it? I am not happy with church. I have not felt at home there for several years....since I moved back from Indiana 10 years ago. I did used to feel like a part of the church, but not anymore. I go in, usually speak to a few people, sit through Sunday School, sing, listen to the sermon, speak to a few people, and go home...... and do it again Sunday night minus Sunday School. There is no fellowship, and maybe it is my age and marital status, but I feel like an island at church......or maybe a pariah since this last election.

 My church is very conservative.....maybe a bit too much in some areas....... but I agree with more than I don't. One thing we fail at miserable is community and fellowship. The powers that be and some of the more conservative/older people are afraid of any kind of dinner or anything done in the name of the church, so nothing like that ever happens. I wonder sometimes if I suddenly quit, how many people would notice I was gone, and how long it would be til anyone noticed. A few would, I realize that.....but I need more than I am getting from church.

11) The library

  I fear I am going to outgrow my library. I have several 5-shelf bookcases in my library full of fictional books, and I need to add another, but there is no room for another. I may have to put on in t he hall and have the fiction novels spill over onto it.

12) Failure

 No matter how hard I try at life, and no matter my circumstances, I can never rise above feeling like a failure. I'll admit the gay issue has always made me feel like a failure as a man. I'd have loved to have married and had kids.....the kids were more of a wish than a wife. I just this morning had those familiar painful pangs as I watched a nice looking young guy at a nearby table holding his little baby boy as he ate, then later walk around with the baby, and wondering why I had to miss out on all that.

 But even other areas of life. I just feel like I'll never be enough, never have enough to stop feeling like a failure.

13) Racist Trump

 Don't get me wrong, I still am #nevertrump, but come on......there is no evidence the man is racist, or has done anything impeachable. I didn't even accuse Obama of things he wasn't. However, it is irony the same people who overlooked the impeachable offenses of Obama and his blatant racism and bigotry are accusing Trump of what they were OK with in Obama.

 There is a lot of fault to be found in Trump, but it is stupid to accuse him of what he is not.

14) Pineapple on pizza.....and tomatoes as a fruit

  I recently got a flurry of defense of pineapple on pizza when I said it did not belong. I don't think anyone was angry, as my post was in fun..... but it is weird. One defense is that tomato is a fruit, but you don't use tomatoes as a fruit.....you use it as a vegetable. You don't put it in fruit salads, you don't chunk it up in your cereal......no,  you use it as a vegetable. Whoever said it was a fruit was wrong.

 And don't get me wrong. I love pineapples. I love them in fruit salads, out of the can, in jello.......but never on pizza. You may as well toss some bananas and blueberries on the pizza as to do that. Double yuk to  the nth degree!

 Now if it is a fruit pizza......yeah

Maybe I need to start a petition to have tomatoes recognized as a vegetable. Bob might be happy.






15) Book

 There was something neat about a book I read over the weekend. The main character in the book lived on Okracoke Island in the Outer Banks, NC. We stay on Hatteras Island when we vacation there, but we always take the ferry to Okracoke Island and make a day out of it. The lighthouse isn't very impressive, but it is fun to visit the island and its beaches.

 And it was neat to read about a place I have been.

 I did not, however, find record of the church existing the fictional Trevor Black attended.

Of course I did live in Bloomington, Indiana for 2 years, where Karen Kingsbury set her popular Baxter Family books.



16) KJV only 

  I was raised on the King James Version of the Bible, and we still use it in church. I personally have moved away from using it for personal use, and tend to read the ESV, NKJV, and NLT for the most part, among others.

 KJV only people amuse me. I get preferring it, but the militant ones practically worship the version and act like Jesus Himself used it. They often give examples why the KJV is the only inspired Word of God and the other versions and translations are wrong and sub-par.

 But here's a thought.....what if the KJV is the one that is wrong when compared to others? Sorry, that might make their little brains explode....... :)

 I honestly feel it is better to use a few different translations. The KJV uses old archaic language that no one uses anymore. Thou, thee, lovest, etc. You can get too modern, proved by a Bible that has slang, but come on........ there is nothing wrong with using a Bible that uses modern language. The militant KJV only people should have to talk like the Bible they worship.


17) Being an uncle

 As much sorrow I have had over never having kids of my own, I am very thankful for my 6 nieces and nephews....Stephanie, Allison, Caitie, Josiah, Benjamin, and Nathan. I love these 6 kids who aren't that little anymore....ages 11-22, and am thankful I am so much a part of their lives. They are largely the part I am living in miserable cold and snowy Ohio instead of a warmer climate.




No comments:

Post a Comment