Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Sunday, January 29, 2012

31 days of thankfulness Day 29: Sundays

I love Sundays. I don't always enjoy church as much as I wished, but it has been a part of me for so long that I go, and a part of me just enjoys being in church on Sunday. It feels right. Then there is our tradional Sunday dinner: mashed potatoes, meat, veggie, bread/rolls, and sometimes dessert. Then my Sunday afternoon nap.

Unfortunately, I have to work every other Sunday. I firmly believe if every Christian didn't shop or eat out on Sundays, most stores and restaurants would be closed on Sunday due to lack of business, and people like me wouldn't be forced to work....... but that isn't the case, so every other Sunday I have to rush out of church so I can get home and eat, and I don't get a Sunday afternoon nap....... so I am really thankful for the Sundays I don't have to work. Those Sundays are special to me now, and I am very thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment