Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Thursday, December 20, 2018

Offensive Christmas songs




The world has gone mad. There is no other explanation for the idiocy that is abounding. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is being banned in some places because it supposedly encourages date rape. Rudolph and Charlie Brown are offensive because they feature bullying. As someone who was bullied a lot in school, I can honestly say neither of those ever offended me or bothered me. "Baby...."? I would like to ban it because it is a horrible song that about makes my ears bleed.

 Yet the same people offended by these things seem to not be offended by - or at least don't waste the effort to say so - things that are truly offensive: sex trafficking, abortion, letting kids be transgender....and more. It makes me think of the verse in the Bible about straining at a gnat, and swallowing a camel. I think that fits.

 So to help you out, I have come up with a list of Christmas songs that are offensive, and you should avoid. It is not exhaustive. And all are original with me except #3 and the second part of #25. Yeah, I really stretched on some.....but so are the people being offended by songs.

1) I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - two reasons here. It promotes adultery, and what if Santa didn't want kissed? Maybe he is part of the #Metoo movement.

2) I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas: White...really? Could the songwriter be any more racist?

3) Let It Snow: insensitive to the homeless

4) I'll Be Home for Christmas, and Home for the Holidays. Same reason as above.

5) Silent Night: insensitive to deaf people

6) Do You See What I See? Offensive to both blind and deaf people.

7) Good Christian Men Rejoice and God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen: What about the women? Chauvinist songs putting men above women.

8)  Winter Wonderland: insensitive to those who cannot walk

9) Merry Christmas Darling: Hurtful to those who have no darling.

10) I Heard the Bells: see #5

11) Tennessee Christmas: offensive to anyone not from Tennessee.

12) Santa Baby: it is just a horrible song

13) Go Tell It on the Mountain: Insensitive to mute people

14) Hark the Herald Angels Sing: makes people feel left out who can't carry a tune.

15) Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy: promotes identity theft

16) O Come All Ye Faithful: leaves out the unfaithful

17) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas: "Little" - could offend short people.

18) All I Want for Christmas Is You: way to leave out everyone else. Rude

19) Little Drummer Boy: insensitive to short people and those who cannot play the drums

20) The 12 days of Christmas: promotes ownership of people... and insensitive to those who cannot count.

21) Ding Dong, Merrily On High: sounds like a drug reference

22) Deck the Halls: gay apparel? Making fun of gay people, obviously

23) The Holly and the Ivy: insensitive to those allergic to poison ivy

24) An Old Christmas Card: could make elderly people feel bad

25) Frosty the Snowman: not gender inclusive...plus he doesn't wear pants

26) All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth: hurtful to West Virginians

27) Blue Christmas: makes fun of smurfs

28) A Marshmallow World: hurtful to diabetics who should avoid marshmallows

29) Santa Clause Is Coming to Town: "sees you when you're sleeping?"...encourages peeping toms

30) Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer: encourages violence towards grandmas

No comments:

Post a Comment