Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Sunday, April 22, 2018

Pasta salad

  My mom makes great pasta salad, but there is something in it that each of my siblings and I didn't like. I remember eating it outside, and one sister was throwing carrots over her shoulder, I think I was throwing the raw cauliflower or broccoli, and my other sister was tossing out something else. This is a pasta salad post....if you read it, there will be things you like, and things you want to toss out......

1) The epidemic

  There is a silent epidemic going on that isn't getting the attention it needs: an epidemic of using the bathroom and not washing hands afterwards. It happens everywhere: work, church, restaurants, stores, and more. Since I don't use the women's' bathroom because I am a guy, I can't attest to what women do..... but there are a lot of men who will use the bathroom, then walk out without washing their hands....touching the door handle on their way out.

Where were these guy's parents when they were growing up and needed taught the basics....like hand-washing?

 I like bathrooms that have paper towels.....I use them to open the door when I leave the bathroom.

And guys even do this at church......where it is so common to shake hands with people. Really?! Would these people want to shake hands with someone who has just touched their genitals and/or wiped feces from their butt with a thin piece of TP? It is gross. Wash your hands, you degenerate people!




2) Brad Thor for president

 Author Brad Thor has announced he will run against Trump on the GOP ticket in 2020. I think it is awesome. Thor is everything Trump is not: intelligent, knows foreign policy, and is a very decent and conservative guy from what I have seen. Of course, any conservative who stood against Trump in 2016 is a hero in my eyes. I would have to know more about Thor before actually voting for him, but I do know Trump won't get my vote.



3) Being like the left

 Speaking of Trump.....the die hard Trump supporters are both hilarious and nauseating. I posted a meme pointing out how Trump has given money and support to so many liberals over the years that we have been fighting against. One Trump supporter commented and said I was as bad as the left........huh?! The liberals aren't pointing that out.

 In my experience, the loyal die hard Trump supporters are the ones like the left. I was reminded a lot of Obama supporters by the actions, words, attitudes, and so forth by the Trump supporters during and since the election.

 They are more bothered and angry about Trump's horrible actions being pointed out, than by Trump actually doing them.




4) I am a cracker

 I got called a cracker the other day at work. I walked into the bathroom and a man was stepping from the urinal to the sink. I said hi, and  as I stepped up to one of the urinals, he started ranting. It took me a few seconds to realize it was at me. At one point he called me a cracker. I ignored him, other than answering "no", when he asked if I was security. You can pretty much guess he wasn't white.....

 I wonder what kind of cracker I am? I hope the Cheez It Grooves. Those are awesome, and remind me of groovy......



5) A dangerous bill 

 There is a bill up in California, which is passed is very dangerous. And knowing the idiots in that state, it will likely pass. It would ban anyone from seeking help from a Christian perspective for their same-sex attractions. And it gets worse: it would ban the sale of books promoting a Biblical view of homosexuality.

 This hits home with me since that is a personal issue for me. If this bill passes, it would be illegal for someone like me to get help for my same-sex attractions from anyone daring to promote a Biblical view of that issue. There would be no books allowed for sale in that degenerate state for someone like to to buy for help along the same vein.

 But wait..... it gets even worse. There are those who admit the Bible could potentially be among the books not allowed for sale, given its views on homosexuality.

 I am not surprised. I feared this would some day happen nation wide, and it is likely to at some point. You know who gay people hate the most? It is people who dare walk away from homosexuality, say it is wrong, and live for God. Sadly, the church doesn't seem to have much time for us either.

 Liberals will cheer you on if you don't want to be pregnant and want to murder your baby.

They will cheer you on if you don't want to be heterosexual.

They will cheer you on if you don't want to be the gender you were born.

But if you are same-sex attracted/gay......they will hate you and try to destroy you if you dare suggest you don't want to be gay, and that change is possible or necessary.

 I seriously fear some day that you will not be able to buy or sell, or hold a job, if you dare hold a Biblical view of sexuality and marriage. Kind of like the mark of the beast.

6) New author

 Several months back, I think it was my best friend who influenced me to buy 2 books by a new-to-me author. What is unique, is they are not Christian fiction. I rarely - as in almost never - read secular fiction. Though I may start reading Brad Thor's........

 This guy is different though. He is a Christian, and his books are complexly curse-free, and are squeaky clean. He was in the Air Force and flew Stealth bombers, something that is in his books. I could not find book #3 for less than $50, so I emailed him and told him how much I liked his books, thanked him for his service, etc... and asked if he had any copies for sale.

 He replied and said an e-book would be my best bet, but if I didn't mind some errors and name changes, he had copies of that book done for an earlier publisher and would send me a copy free of charge. He also told me he is starting a Christian CIA series this Fall with a Christian publisher I review for....which is awesome.

 The book came yesterday, and was signed and accompanied by a bookmark advertising his kid's series he is still writing. I thought it was awesome of him to do this, and it made my day.





7) Changing parties

 I have been so disgusted with the Republican party, I was considering changing to Independent. It isn't just the fact that they picked such a disgrace to run as president this last time..... it is also the fact that the politicians in our party are barely any different from the liberals. Most of them really don't want to end abortion. They don't care about the values and morals of their Christian base... they just want our votes.

  However, with this news that Trump may have a decent challenger in the 2020 primaries, it gives me pause about changing. Maybe there is hope.

8) Paradox

 This will not make any sense: I have been extremely lonely lately. A guy my age that is single, just doesn't have much opportunity to hang out with people. Add to the mix that I am attracted to guys and am very against a man that most Christians are all gaga for (That would be Mr Trump), it makes it worse.

 The paradox: More and more I find myself not wanting to be around people...other than my family.  I would rather stay home from church and work and just be by myself. Obviously, I have to go to work or I would lose my job and have no money.

9) Missing the pews

 I really miss our church pews. I am really tired of the chairs. You have no choice in how close you sit to people, there is no place to lay anything except on the floor, and the songbooks are under the chairs in front of you instead of on the back of the pew in front of you. I still believe that was a decision that should have been decided by the whole church.......not a few people on a board.

10) Pastor

 Speaking of church, the members today voted to keep our pastor for two more years.....something I am in favor of. He is the best pastor I have ever had, or likely ever will.

11) The bathroom

 When my little sister and her family moved into the house I live in now, the upstairs bathroom was purple and the downstairs bathroom a very dark brown. They painted the upstairs bathroom white. They did not paint the downstairs bathroom.

 Two weeks ago, I decided to do it. I wanted to do light blue, but my sister and brother in law had left me a full gallon of white paint to use. I decided to save the money and go with the paint I already had. It made a big difference.




12) The weather

 I am so thankful we are finally starting to get some warmer weather. The older I get, the more I dislike winter, snow, and driving in snow. Yesterday was so nice, I washed my car, vacuumed it, and wiped down the interior.

13) Free will

 There is a lot I don't understand about Calvinists, but the free will issue really boggles my mind. Why do they want to believe God gives us no choice in serving Him? No matter how you ice that cake, it still makes God out to be a puppeteer or robot master. They seem to be very threatened by the idea that God gives us a choice.

14) The porch

 I am hoping to spend more time outside this Spring and Summer. I picked up two chairs at Walmart for $12.47 each, and got 2 tables at another store. One will function as a place to rest my feet. I put them on my front porch. Not sure why I bought two chairs, as no one ever visits me anyway. :)

 My back porch is more secluded and has a porch swing, so I may spend some time there also.




15) Worry

 I worry so much about the future, that I fear it hinders me from enjoying the moment I am in.
 Example: I have a 3 bedroom house I am renting at a very reasonable price with free water and gas. I have a room that I use as a library........but some day my sister's father in law who owns the place, may want to move in. Then where will I go? And I worry about a lot of stuff like that. I wonder who will care about me and help me out after my parents are gone. Can I truly live til old age all alone? And on and on.

16) Friends

 Why does it seem the friends who most want to spend time with me, live too far away to see very often?

17) Blogging

 I have been slacking a lot in blogging, and not sure why. I went over a month without any posts, but this is my third this weekend.... so maybe I am coming out of that slump.

18) Til next time

 Maybe it will be another month til a new post.... who knows.







No comments:

Post a Comment