Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Monday, July 22, 2013

Songs That Impact me #3: When He Saved Me by the Booth Brothers

My favorite group is the Booth Brothers, a southern gospel trio comprised of two brothers, Michael and Ronnie Booth, tenor and lead, respectfully, and Jim Brady who rounds out the group as baritone. I like about anything they do, but this is one of my favorite songs. Overall, it is a great song, but what grabs me is the first verse, and specifically the third line: "I see Him excited to forgive us." It may seem like an elementary thing, but the idea of God being excited to forgive me was a foreign idea to me. I always felt I had to beg, plead, and convince God to forgive..... yet, isn't that the very message of the prodigal son story? God running to meet us when we come back to Him?

When He Saved Me by the Booth Brothers

I don’t believe He’s sitting up in Heaven
Evaluating sinners by their scars
But I see Him excited to forgive us
And it’s not at all in spite of who we are

Chorus:
When He saved me He knew
What I had done, what I would do
He looked beyond the worst in me
And saw not what I was, He saw what I could be

He looked at all the broken scattered pieces
And made a brand new vessel of my life
Every day possibility increases
‘Cause he placed me in a dream that never dies

Bridge:
And though I was a sinner, the Savior heard my cry
His mercy came and rescued me, He did not pass me by




No comments:

Post a Comment