Purpose




Thoughts of a messed up Christian saved by God's grace





Friday, January 25, 2013

Work

   I finally have a full time job. I interviewed for it last week, and felt the interview went very well. The lady was very nice and it was a relaxed interview.

  The job is a call center for cell phones. I will be taking calls from people with questions about their plan, signing up new customers, etc. Any outbound calls I do will be to existing customers whose plan is up. I will be dealing with customers for a company from Canada called Rogers. I start six weeks of training this coming Monday, and will train 9-6, Monday thru Friday for 6 weeks. The first part of the training will be learning the products, and the second part will be on taking calls and all that entails. After the training is over, I will be working Monday and Wednesday-Saturday, daylight. My shift will be either 8-5, or 9-6 - not sure which. Saturdays will be 10am-7pm. No Sundays at all, which is what I wanted.

  My starting pay will be 35 cents more an hour than I was making at my last job, with the possibility of making up to $4 more after 6 months. In addition, it is full time, and my previous job was not. I will get a week's paid vacation after 6 months, and another week of paid vacation after a year, in addition to 20 hours of paid time off after a year of employment.  There is a cafeteria on site with everything priced $4 and under.

  I am guessing the place may be Christian-owned. They are closed Sundays, have a very strict dress code, and they do telemarketing for pro-life organizations, the National Rifle Association, and other conservative organizations.

   Part of the dress code is ties for men, all days but Fridays and Saturdays. I hate ties, and never wear them, so I am going to have to get used to wearing them, but I can live with that for full time work. I'm also not crazy about working every Saturday, but I'd rather work every Saturday and have full time work and no Sundays, so I can also live with that.

   I am making a goal: By the time 6 months is up, if all goes well, I am aiming to get my own apartment, hopefully closer to my job. Right now, my drive will be 30-35 minutes one way, and I would like to cut that down when I do have my own place again.

   I am feeling hopeful for a change. I am nervous about the job, mainly learning new things, and a part of me is almost afraid it will work out. Also, a part of me is scared I won't make it on my own again, so I would appreciate prayer as I start my new job and start planning for the future.

 

1 comment: